To request paintings seen on this site or on instagram,
or if you would like to commission a bespoke piece from the artist.
The ordering process in a nutshell:
1. Email - request a painting from this site or commission a bespoke artwork at your desired size.
2. You will receive a quote on your request plus the shipping quote, with an estimated timeframe
3. A 50 % deposit for the total quote is required
4. The art creation process will begin! There will be progress updates via email.
5. On your approval and payment of the balance, the final artwork will be safely packaged and shipped.
International orders: your painting is rolled and packaged in a tube
South Africa : boxed and ready to hang on arrival. (not removed from the stretcher frame.)
6. Your original painting will arrive.
If you order an available painting from this site, Facebook or Instagram it will arrive at your door within seven working days.
What is a commissioned artwork?
An art piece that you ask the artist to tailor to what you want- this includes what you'd like the painting to be of, the colour scheme and how you'd like it done. You would communicate this to the artist via email. I enjoy creating unique art while working with the client. Portrait commissions are also welcome. Feel free to request examples of my portrait portfolio.
What determines price of art work?
1. Style- Certain art styles take longer to create, thus may have higher asking prices
2. Size- Price is also determined by the size and how long it will take to create the painting.
3. Shipping- costs are determined by destination, size and weight. I will ask for your delivery address and refer back to you with a quote.
Approximate international shipping costs start from ZAR 2000.
Once you have approved the artwork quote plus shipping quote, a 50% deposit is required.
Then I will order your custom-made high quality canvas and commence the painting process
When will my painting arrive at my door?
Average time frame,
Banking Swift transfer clearance: average of 3 working days,
Canvas to be custom made to your size request, 7 working days
Painting from start to completion average of 5 working days -I will send photos of your completed painting for approval
Drying time approximately: 2 days
Shipping time: 7 working days
Maximum TOTAL TIME: 24 DAYS. It usually takes less time than this. I will give you an accurate time frame when you place your order.
Points to consider
For international shipping:
Canvas is rolled and safely packaged in a tube. Thick, heavily applied paint is not ideally suited for rolling.
Your painting will need to be re-stretched /framed by a professional framer. Try to store your painting flat until it is framed. Note: Do not store or unroll your painting in cold temperatures under 15 degrees Celcius /59 degrees Farenheiht.
Paintings shipped within South Africa is packaged as is, ready to hang up.
All art is on stretched canvas, unframed, The painting is continued around the sides of the canvas, to a depth of 45 mm.
For international orders, the rolled canvas will have an extra 45 mm all around the specified size to allow for re-stretching.
"We are lucky enough to have worked with Pen on a few different paintings now, the last two being particularly personal to us (a landscape of our favourite view of Joburg, and a portrait of my late horse). Penny really listened and understood what we were looking for and as a result we have paintings which are not only beautiful, but which really mean something to us."